Adult Diapers and their benefits
Adult diapers come in two designs – Nappy type and Panty type.
The advantages of wearing pull-on panty type diapers are as follows:
- They are relatively thin and discreet. No one will know that one is wearing them.
- Just like regular underwear they can be easily removed and worn again. So, if one has access to a toilet, one can use it by pulling down the diaper, urinating into the toilet and pulling the diaper up back in position afterwards.
- In case no suitable toilet is available, as most diapers are geared to absorb at least a litre of liquid, one can urinate into the diaper without worries.
- The diapers will absorb all the liquid and keep the outer side and the inner side dry. This prevents problems due to the skin being constantly being damp.
- The diapers are also designed to contain smell so even when the diaper is saturated, no urine smell will emanate from them.
The advantages of nappy-type diapers are:
- They are highly absorbent
- They have wetness indicators to tell you when they need to be changed.
- They maintain dryness on the inside as well as outside.
- They are easy to put on for others, especially for those that are bed-ridden.
- They prevent smells from escaping.
Though diapers are not very environmentally friendly, they are the best option that is currently available for problems relating to bladder weakness.