Melur Meadows is a retirement community based In Coimbatore District of Tamilnadu, at the foothills of the Nilgiris.
Cottage types and options
Melur Meadows provides various models of apartments including studio, studio plus, semi-deluxe and deluxe cottages. When available for purchase, the apartments come unfurnished or furnished. The cottages are available for short-term rent (for recuperating from surgery/illness), long-term lease or out right purchase (for people intending to live the rest of their lives there). Rooms can be rented on a daily, weekly or monthly basis while long term lease (3 – 20 years) works based on a refundable deposit ranging from 8.5 lakhs to about 30 lakhs depending on the type of cottage chosen.
All apartments are accessible by wheelchairs and there are extended ramps to the apartments on the first floor as well. The entire community has a capacity to accommodate about 270 people.
There is a common kitchen that prepares vegetarian fare and provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner apart from coffee/tea twice a day. While non-vegetarian food is discouraged, residents can buy cooked food from outside and consume it within their residences. Estimated monthly costs for food is about Rs.5000 per person.
Access to Doctor / Hospital
Local doctors are available and Melur Meadows also has a tie-up with KPS Hospitals which is 8 Km away. This is a multi-speciality, multi-bedded hospital with ambulance services and provisions for house calls. Other hospitals are also within reach, both at mettupalayam as well as in Coimbatore.
Other details you should be aware of
1. Only people above the age of 55 years are eligible to be residents.
2. Total monthly expenses are expected to be around Rs. 7500 – Rs. 10,000 per person and this will include food, laundry, and maintenance. Telephone bills, electricity bills etc., will be charged on actual usage.
3. Unfortunately they do not allow any pets in the community. This is definitely a minus point as pets such as dogs and cats can do wonders to the morale of people, young or old.
4. Residents are expected to dress decently at all times (No lungis/nighties in public places and common areas).
5. Their organic farm can provide a lot of joy to people interested in gardening and light manual work. Apart from this the management organizes picnics, games, get togethers, moon-light dinners, etc., on a regular basis, ensuring that the residents are meaningfully occupied and active.
6. Internet facility is available.
|Melur Meadows Alternative Lifestyle Pvt Ltd
New No. 5, Old No. 24, 1st Main Road, Kalaimagal Nagar, Ekkattuthangal, Chennai – 600 032
Ph. 044 2225 0030 / 2225 0038
For further details, visit their site www.melurmeadows.com.