Urinary incontinence (UI) is any involuntary leakage of urine caused by poor bladder control.
It can happen to anyone, but becomes more common with age. Urinary incontinence is more common in women and older people. Incontinence is reported to affect one in 3 women and one in 10 men.
- Frequent visits to the toilet to pass small amounts of urine (more than 8 times in a 24-hour period).
- Feelings of a strong and sudden desire to urinate and being unable to hold on.
- Having to pass urine several times during the night.
- A feeling of not having emptied your bladder even though you’ve just urinated.
- Leaking urine when you laugh, cough, sneeze or walk.
If you have any of the above symptoms please do visit your Doctor, preferably one who is a geriatric specialist to eliminate other possible ailments.
If you are suffering from incontinence, adult diapers provide all the support you need. Most people continue to lead a normal, active life as modern adult diapers are light-weight, thin, super absorbent with deodorizing capabilities which ensure that no one can tell that you are wearing one!